Saturday, January 16, 2010

A friend of mine kills and cooks grey squirrels from his garden, is this legal in the UK?

He literally shoots them with an air rifle, skins them, and stews them as if it were any other meat. Aside from the fact it is completely gross...I am pretty sure you can't hunt and kill wild animals in the UK, not to mention eat them. Or is this legal, provided you don't sell the the food to other people?A friend of mine kills and cooks grey squirrels from his garden, is this legal in the UK?
I'm answering from the states, here-please don't hurl or whatever it is you do when in contact with the hated American.





I couldn't tell you about the legality of your friend's hunting expeditions.


But I CAN tell you that here in the South (Virginia) it is widely known that eating the brains of squirrels leads to Kreutzfeld-Jakob Syndrome YEARS afterwards. I'm afraid it's the equivalent of Mad Cow Disease and I know UK has suffered enough at the hands of this tragedy.





I would tell him to stop.A friend of mine kills and cooks grey squirrels from his garden, is this legal in the UK?
I feel that squirrels are rats in fur coats with better public relations.





They are overabundant here in the states. In some areas white squirrels are protected. Go figure. Different color fur coat I guess. I think your red squirrels are protected Going on a grey killing spree for no particular reason is likely to get him legal attention, but I haven't heard of the greys being kept safe from dinner.





Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease can be caused by consuming squirrel brains. I hope your friend lops off the heads.
It's not really that gross, in my opinion. What meats should and should not be eaten are cultural constructions. Unless the squirrels are diseased it's no different than eating a rabbit, which is widely accepted as a delicacy, or a duck, or a dog in some cultures. I do not think that's illegal.
I'm pretty sure it's legal. It's definitely legal in most parts of the US. YUCK!
Nothing illegal as the grey squirrel is classed as vermin.
EEEWWW
The hunting ban has been enforced.
i think it is ilegal every were thats animal crualty
It's a trifle nasty , but , their is no law to forbid it .

No comments:

Post a Comment